My go-to no-churn ice cream recipe calls for cream cheese, as well as the requisite sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream. Such a combo, if I do say so myself, makes for the creamiest and most delicious of ice creams. This particular flavor calls for swirling in “any jam” your heart desires (or, more likely, any jam that you happen to have in your fridge). And if jam is not your thing, you can substitute hot fudge sauce, just sayin’ . . .
"Any Jam" Swirled No-Churn Ice Cream
- 4 ounces full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup jam of your choosing
- Place a 9x5x2-inch loaf pan in the freezer while you assemble the ice cream.
- In a food processer fitted with the blade attachment, process the cream cheese, vanilla and salt until smooth, scraping the bowl as needed. Add the heavy cream and process until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and process just to combine.
- Transfer the ice cream to the cold pan and smooth the top. Dollop about 1/2 cup of jam over the ice cream base and use a fork to swirl it throughout – making sure the swirls reach the bottom of the pan. Then dollop another 1/4 cup of the jam over the top and swirl it across the surface decoratively – this makes for the prettiest of ice creams.
- Cover in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight
- The ice cream will keep in the freezer for a week, tightly covered in plastic wrap.