Mexican Chocolate Spice No-Churn Ice Cream
- 4 ozs full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 14 ozs sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp rum, bourbon, vodka optional
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chopped, melted, and cooled to room temperature
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon or to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp Dutch process cocoa powder
- Place a 9x5x2-inch loaf pan in the freezer while you assemble the ice cream.
- In a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, process the cream cheese, vanilla, salt, melted and cooled semi-sweet chocolate, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and Dutch process cocoa powder until smooth, scraping the bowl as needed. Add the heavy cream and process until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and alcohol, if using, and process just to combine.
- Transfer the ice cream to the cold pan and smooth the top. Cover in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight
- The ice cream will keep in the freezer for a week, tightly covered in plastic wrap.
Subscribe to My Newsletter
Subscribe to my bi-monthly (extraordinarily newsy) newsletter, chock full of recipes and fascinating personal tidbits.
Invalid email address
I promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.