Mocha Almond Fudge No-Churn Ice Cream
- 4 ozs full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 14 ozs sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp rum, bourbon, vodka optional
- 3 tbsp espresso powder or to taste
- 1/3 cup unsalted raw almonds toasted and coarsely chopped, plus extra for decorating
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- Place a 9x5x2-inch loaf pan in the freezer while you assemble the ice cream.
- In a food processer fitted with the blade attachment, process the cream cheese, vanilla, salt, and 3 tablespoons espresso powder, or to taste until smooth, scraping the bowl as needed. Add the heavy cream and process until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and alcohol, if using, and process just to combine.
- Transfer the ice cream to the cold pan and stir in 1/3 cup unsalted, raw almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped, making sure that they are evenly mixed throughout, and then dollop about 1/4 cup of hot fudge sauce over the ice cream base and use a fork to swirl it throughout – making sure the swirls reach the bottom of the pan. Then dollop another 1/4 cup of hot fudge sauce over the top and swirl it across the surface decoratively – this makes for the prettiest of ice creams. Sprinkle additional chopped nuts over the top.Smooth the top. Cover in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight
- The ice cream will keep in the freezer for a week, tightly covered in plastic wrap.