This recipe was originally created for Parents Magazine.
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox ( Cake ) Pie
Servings 8 slices
- 45 crispy chocolate chip cookies, such asChips Ahoy, about one pound
- Mini chocolate chips for decorating
Brown Sugar Whipped Cream
- 2.5 Cups heavy cream
- 5 tbsps light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tsps vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large bowl and using a hand mixer, whisk the cream sugar and vanilla on medium speed until thickened. Increase the speed to medium-high and continue to whisk until medium to stiff peaks form, about 3 to 5minutes.
- Spread about1 1/2 cups of the cream on the bottom of a 9 by 2-inch glass pie plate.Cover the cream in a layer of cookies, breaking them up to fill in any gaps and to create a solid layer of cookies. Repeat with another layer of cream and another solid layer of cookies.
- Continue layering in this fashion until you reach the top of the pie plate, about 3 layers each of cream and cookies.Finish the pie with a generous layer of swirly whipped cream.Place in the refrigerator lightly covered in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle the mini chocolate chips around the perimeter of the pie. Slice the cake in wedges with a large, serrated knife, dipping the knife in hot water in between cuts for the cleanest slices. The cake will keep in the refrigerator, lightly wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to three days