This recipe was originally created for Parents Magazine.
Two-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
Amazing flavor and texture here!
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- chocolate sprinkles for serving
- Microwave ½ cup of the heavy cream and the chips in a large microwave-safe bowl, in 30 second bursts, on high, stirring after each, until the chocolate has melted, about one minute total.
- Rest the bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice and stir the chocolate periodically until it cools to room temperature, about 10 to 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1½ cups cream in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on medium-high, until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold all but about a cup of the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate in two installments, until the streaks of cream just disappear.
- Reserve the rest of the cream in a small bowl in the refrigerator for serving with your mousse.
- Evenly scrape the mousse into 4 four-ounce ramekins and refrigerate until set, about one hour
- Dollop each ramekin with the reserved cream, sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles and serve.
- The mousse will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days tightly wrapped
Kids’ Activity: Although they need to do so gently, the kids can fold the whipped cream into the melted and cooled chocolate.